Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I joined a gym today. I bought a three month membership. I am now officially living here.

The gym was an odd experience. I had to fill out a form which was written entirely in hangul, and so I obviously couldn't read it. I only filled out a few things, because I actually don't even know my address. I don't even have my address at school memorized. They did let me join though, so I guess it can't be too important.

So when I get to the gym, I pick up a locker key and hand towel from the desk and scanned my card. Then I headed towards the locker room. Before entering, just like entering a house, you must take off your shoes. (You can put them back on as you leave the locker room and enter the gym.) Walking into the locker room brought back memories of my day in the bath house...everyone was in various stages of nudity. The hand towel I got at the desk, which I presumed was for wiping off the machines or wiping sweat off my face was a shower towel. So that explains the nudity. They wipe off with a hand towel and then walk from the shower room into the locker room uncovered. I didn't shower after my workout the first day, but went home and showered instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment