Current mood:
Jamie arrived in Korea on Wednesday, May 10th
(my mom's birthday!), at night. As you can imagine, that day at work wasn't my most productive or focused work. I had to work on Thursday and Friday, but we could meet for lunch (I have a long mid-morning break that runs into my lunch break)For our lunches and dinners, we ate only Korean food. Dopbap, bebimbap, boekkeum bap, kimbap...all the baps (bap means rice).
The weekend was our only real chance to get out and do some Busan touristy stuff, so we made the best use of it. We went to Bemosa temple and hiked 3K up the hill to see it. We went on a boat tour to see the Oryukdo islets. We went shopping at Nampo dong, took in the sights and smells of the "World Famous" Jagalchi fish market, went up in Busan Tower for a great view of the city, and basically walked until our feet were burning. It was a great time.
The rest of the week, we met for lunch and Jamie did some relaxing, hiking, reading, and running while I worked. He came to observe a Hapkido class as we were preparing for the International Federation Hapkido Games (that'll be its own blog later), went to see the DaVinci code, ate lots of Korean food followed up by ice cream, hiked around by the mermaid statue on Dongbaek Island, saw the APEC building, walked along the beautiful Dalmaji Hill and went into the moon viewing tower only to discover that it was too cloudy to see the moon...
All in all, it was a great visit for me. I was exhausted and sad to see him go. I think I spent most of the time before he left on Saturday morning convincing him to stay. I was unsuccessful however, and he is back in the states as I write.
No comments:
Post a Comment