
Current mood:
I'm sick.
I hate being sick.
I wanted to have a productive, fun weekend...and I did the best I could despite my body's attempts to thwart my efforts.
On Friday night, I was had made plans to go to the bathhouse with some of the female teachers from my school, but I expended all of my energy at hapkido class and by the time 10:30 rolled around when I was meant to meet up with the ladies...it wasn't happening. I changed in my pj's and went straight to bed.
I woke up fairly early on Saturday morning to meet up with some of the members of the fledgling women's group to which I belong. We had scheduled a meeting with a women's shelter in Busan to see what we could do to volunteer as English speakers. It was basically an informational session. We were at the office for about two hours and learned a lot about the prevalence of domestic abuse in Korea, and we let the English-speaking employee know that we wanted to be helpful in any way. I hope it pans out because I have been wanting to volunteer or do something useful since I've been here, but unsure how to go about it. I spent the rest of the day on the couch in my apartment watching movies such as Back to the Future and reading and dozing off. Have I mentioned that I hate being sick? I went to bed early and blew off the friends I was supposed to meet out.
I woke up on Sunday to find Leah sleeping on our couch. Must have been a fun night out! When everyone woke up, we decided to venture to Taejeongdae park, where none of us had gone. Robin, Leah, and I called Amy and the four of us embarked on our mini-adventure. It took two buses and well over an hour to reach our destination. It was a beautiful walk an a rocky coast, complete with a lighthouse and some rocks to climb around on. By the time we left Taejeongdae, what little energy I had mustered for the day was spent. I fell asleep on both buses and changed into my pj's the moment I got home. 


No comments:
Post a Comment