
Current mood:
This Saturday I had the unique opportunity to attend a traditional Korean wedding ceremony. I'll try to remember to post some pics from it soon, as it was definitely impressive to see. The ceremony took place in a little temple located somewhere in the city, and the weather was perfect for an outdoor ceremony.
The Korean bride and American groom both wore the traditional dress of hanbok and silly hat (of which I do not know the name). They were both brightly colored and intricately designed. They approached the altar seperately, accompanied by male teachers from SLP wearing white robes and carrying large umbrellas. Since the ceremony was held entirely in Korean, I can't really explain what happened, other than it involved a lot of bowing and only lasted about 20 minutes. The groom's unfamiliarity of Korean weddings was seemingly quite amusing to the Korean speakers in the audience, as every so often they laughed while Alan was doing something for no apparent reason, well, at least the reason wasn't apparent to the non-Korean speakers. 

Many, many pictures followed the ceremony, including staff pictures for SLP (my school). We all piled into the school bus that was provided as transporation by SLP (Korean school busses are really just large, yellow vans); even the owner of our SLP traveled to and from the ceremony crammed into the bus with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment