Wednesday, April 12, 2006


Current mood: frustrated
Two teachers ran last night. Running essentially means that they decided to break their contracts and skip the country without telling anyone...which you can imagine is joyous for those of us left behind. The teachers were Jason and Elizabeth, and Jason and I share my kindergarten class. I only have one morning class, so of course I was available to teach Jason's 80 minutes with our kids as well. As of tomorrow, I'll be teaching Elizabeth's second kindergarten until they are able to import new teachers.
Also, my favorite afternoon class of just three students was joined with another class so that I could take over Jason's 2:30 class. I'm less than thrilled. I can look forward to a bit of mandatory overtime in the next few days or weeks.
So, I'm about to go into a class that I've never taught with students that I don't know, and all the prep work I have done for my favorite class just got tossed into the recycle bin.
Just wanted to share my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment