Current mood:
With the addition of two new teachers, my schedule has gone back to normal! Well, almost. In the midst of all the chaos, my favorite class was combined with another class and I was given an entirely different one...but my hours have gone back to normal, anyway.
Last weekend, I got together with a group of people that my friend Amy knows from her one church experience. Everyone did their best to get their hands on Mexican food ingredients and when we came together, we had homemade tortillas, real cheddar cheese, real sour cream, homemade guac, seasoned beef, sangria, and of course lettuce, tomatoes, etc. It was fantastic! I ate so much...and then I had made plans to attend a pot luck fledgling women's group where I also ate entirely too much. After, many of the women were headed out dancing, but it was all I could do to roll into a cab and make my way to bed. I haven't eaten that much since I arrived here.
Today marks exactly two weeks until Jamie arrives in Korea and I can't wait!! I have been making mental notes of restaurants to try and things to do...it's all I think about these days!!
This Friday, I have a belt test in Hapkido. If I pass, I will no longer have to wear the white belt, but I will have a yellow belt. It's exciting for me! My students, some of whom have been in martial arts since they were just out of diapers, laugh at my excitement over a yellow belt. In Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido, yellow is just a step above novice. Ah, well.
No comments:
Post a Comment