Current mood:
On April Fools Day, Robin, Amy and I met up with Kris (a former Korean assistant teacher from our school) and her friend, Yung, and took a train to Gyeong ju. It's kind of like a tourist town for Korean people I guess. We rented bikes and biked around a lake, fully enjoying being out of the city for a day. It was a bit cooler there, so the cherry blossoms weren't out in full force as they are here...which was a bit disappointing. I haven't gotten any good photos of cherry blossoms because here the trees seem to always be in front of eyesore apartment buildings. So it goes. After the biking, we got some Korean food and then headed to a beautiful history museum, just as the clouds opened up and rain began to fall. Perfect timing. The town just seemed so much more "Korean" if that makes any sense. Instead of the towering apartment buildings, there were smaller buildings with Korean-style roofs and decorations. There was more open space and less concrete. The one downside is that the people weren't as used to foreigners and it showed. We even had a group of people ask if we would take a picture with them. Regardless, it was a great day, a fun day trip. 
Today was gorgeous and sunny, and I was comfortable walking around in a t-shirt. I went to the beach for the weekly foreigner beach volleyball. I didn't feel up to playing, but it was fun to hang out and meet some new people. Amy and I went to the Indian restaurant that I've been dying to try. It's expensive, but it was fantastic Indian food. After, we walked back to the beach and watched some foreigners surf, then walked up the giant hill back to our aparments, stopping a few times to try to capture the cherry trees.
No comments:
Post a Comment